Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

The "Beached Whale" Incident

One time I was at the beach and I noticed there was a beached whale out in the water, and I knew it was up to me to save it. So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you,I was terrified. But I pressed on. And as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, at that moment, I was a marine biologist.

The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. I got about 50 feet out and, suddenly, the great beast appeared before me. I tell you, he was 10 stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy, big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing, I could see directly into the eye of the great fish.

Then, from out of nowhere, a huge tidal wave lifted me, tossed me like a cork, and I found myself right on top of him — face to face with the blowhole! I could barely see from the waves crashing down upon me, but I knew something was there. So I reached my hand in, felt around, and pulled out the obstruction. It was a golf ball. Apparently, one of my friends was practicing his ball driving on the beach.

by UberBrian

Comments:
I know :(

I need a new job where I can use my time more constructively.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?